Llangattock Community Council has developed a strategy for how it would like the Council and its relationship with the community to develop over the next 5 years. It's set out in this graphic and below in text. It is meant to be a 'living' document, which can develop over time. We hope you will join us on this journey.
Shaping our community together
This document aims to describe the 5-year vision and plan for Llangattock Community Council (LCC).
This document will be used:
- as a discussion document with the Llangattock community to share the Council’s aims and objectives over the next few years including future budget forecasting
- to gain local support for key activities and projects requested by the community
- for grant applications
- to celebrate the achievements within the local community.
Over the next 5 years our aim as a Community Council is to continue to help build an attractive, inviting and secure community. One that is committed to ensuring equality, tolerance and diversity are at the forefront of our actions so as to continue to build a strong community that works together.
We will work in partnership with residents to foster community pride, develop and support our local economy, plan for the future and preserve and enhance the natural beauty of our environment.
Where we can achieve these things ourselves, we will aim to do so. However, we will also aim to work with and alongside local community groups and organisations to further enhance the offering and benefits to our community.
We will raise funding wherever we can. Where the power to act rests with other external bodies, we will work with them to achieve our aims.
Our priorities will be to ensure our community:
- Will be a safe place for residents and visitors alike
- Will feel listened to and involved in decision making that directly affects their families, the environment and future generations
- Will be inclusive, tolerant as well as embrace equality & diversity
- Will promote sustainability by strengthening our resilience to the impacts of anticipated climate & social changes and the risks they pose to our community
- Will become aware of the importance of biodiversity conservation and how it can enhance our health and wellbeing
- Will celebrate our culture history and heritage
- Will be the custodians of our natural environment
- Will celebrate our achievements and sense of community
- Will trust that our Community assets are valued, maintained and cared for
There will be 4 Pillars or strategies which will support the delivery of the LCC vision
- Culture and community
- Environment and the local economy
Culture and Community:
- Developing pride in our community from within
- Helping to create a community which is kind, caring, tolerant and supportive
- Supporting diversity, equality & innovation within the community
- Working as one – togethernes
- Supporting all age groups in our community to be active
- Consider future generations in all our decision making
- Strengthening our community through equality & diversity
- Providing a safe place for our community to work rest and play!
- Promoting Volunteering
Environment and the local Economy:
- Celebrating and protecting our cultural heritage and history
- Looking after our environment now and for the future
- Promoting sustainability and encouraging lifestyle changes that have a positive impact on our community.
- Investing in our local economy by supporting local business and produce
- Openness and inclusiveness in all communications
- Two-way communications between the Council and community
- Providing clear, relevant and timely information
- Using multiple channels to ensure that our messages and those of the community are heard
Each element within the pillars will be achieved through specific actions and activities detailed within a working plan which is supported by Llangattock Community Council’s Schedule of Delegation and Code of Conduct.
These ‘pillars’ support the approach of Powys CC in their Wellbeing Plan and the work they are doing through their 5-year plan.